How to Prevent Leakage and Water Seepage of Glass Curtain Wall ?
There are three basic conditions for the curtain wall fittings expert analysis that cause water seepage and water leakage in the curtain wall: there are pores; there is water; there is a pressure difference of seepage cracks. Therefore, the countermeasures are as follows: one is to minimize the pores; the other is to block the rainwater so as not to wet the gap; the third is to reduce the wind pressure difference at the wetted gap. The specific practices are as follows:
1. When designing, first consider the design and construction of the curtain wall waterproofing device. Using the isobaric principle, an equal pressure chamber and a special pressure introducing hole are arranged on the aluminum profile of the curtain wall, so that the internal pressure of the equal pressure chamber is balanced with the external pressure through the special pressure introducing hole, The pressure difference is moved to the side of the room that is not exposed to rain. Therefore, there is no difference in wind pressure at the water and there is no water in the part with pressure difference, which prevents the external water from being infiltrated into the curtain wall by the pressure difference. This is an active waterproof measure.
2. Opening a small water outlet hole to the outdoor wall of the curtain wall accessory, and collecting the water entering the curtain wall through the small gap and discharging it outside the curtain wall, and discharging the pressure chamber between the glass, the aluminum profile and the aluminum buckle. A small amount of water, this is one of the effective methods of water control.
3. When designing, it is also conceivable to set up collection pipes and drainage pipes on the glass curtain wall, collect the water that has penetrated into the cracks into the interior of the curtain wall fittings, and smoothly discharge them through the drainage pipes to a designated drainage hole in the room. This is another A reliable water control measure.
4. Use high-quality structural silicone sealant, weather-resistant silicone sealant and wall edge glue, and strengthen inspection to prevent overdue use. The choice of high-quality float glass, the glass must be treated by the edge, the size error of the glass meets the standard requirements.
5. Pay attention to controlling the use environment of the sealant. It is strictly forbidden to carry out the construction of weather-resistant silicone sealant in the open air on rainy days. The construction workshop of structural glue requires clean and dust-free, and the indoor temperature should not be higher than 27 °C (the structural adhesives of different brands have different performances, and the indoor temperature requirements are slightly different), and the relative humidity should not be lower than 50%.
6. Before the silicone sealant, weather-resistant silicone sealant and wall edge glue are injected, the dust, oil stains, loose objects and other dirt on the aluminum frame, glass or gap should be cleaned first. Fill in the compact, smooth surface, strengthen the maintenance, prevent hand touch, water wash and so on.
7. According to the requirements of the specification, the rain curtain leakage performance inspection should be carried out in layers during the construction of the glass curtain wall in order to repair and control the quality of the curtain wall.
8. The quality inspection of the glass curtain wall is divided into two categories: concealed acceptance and engineering acceptance. Concealed acceptance is carried out after the installation of the aluminum profile frame. The main inspection is to ensure the firmness of the connection of the steel code, and to verify the installation of the gap between the curtain wall and the main structure, and the installation of the expansion joint. The acceptance of the project is carried out after the completion of the glass curtain wall project, which is the completion acceptance of the glass curtain wall and is the intermediate acceptance of the sub-project.
9. The opening window should be carefully checked to see if it has reached the degree of sealing. Whether the parts are of good material quality, reliable function, and whether the opening and closing are flexible.
10. When cleaning the curtain wall, use the building's own window cleaning machine. If it is cleaned by a professional cleaning company, there must be a detailed construction organization plan and no damage to the curtain wall.
11. Improve the completion acceptance data and hand it over to the relevant departments. The user should formulate the maintenance and repair plan and system of the curtain wall in time according to the instruction manual.